Senior Lecturer in early modern British history and literature in the University of Paris Nanterre
in France, Secretary of the French Shakespeare Society
and Editor of ANGLES
, a refereed journal published by the SAES.
Areas of Research/Interest:
- Interpretation of violence in Shakespeare’s England (poetics, history, religion and politics);
- Links between gender/genre and performance in drama (from the early modern era to the 21st c.);
- Material and cultural history of early modern Britain;
- Divination and prophecy (from Antiquity to the 17th c.) (hermeneutics, plurilinguism);
- Religious quarrels in the Renaissance;
- Language (with particular emphasis on rhetoric), translation and politics.
I am currently working on the relationship between female kingship and violence in early modern drama.
- Editor-in-chief of ANGLES, an international peer-reviewed online journal (ISSN: 2274-2042);
- Member of the editorial committees of: