AboutName : Swami Narasimhananda
Specialisation: Indian Studies, Indian Philosophy, Sociology of Religion, Translation Studies, Religious Studies, Philosophy of Religion.
Present Address : Advaita Ashrama
PO Mayavati, Via Lohaghat
Dt Champawat, Uttarakhand
India. Pincode 262524
Monk of Ramakrishna Order since May 1997.
Languages Known (Expert Knowledge): English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, and Bengali
Other Current Involvements:
Visiting Faculty, Department of Sociology, Jadavpur University.
Editor, H-Celebration on H-Net: Humanities and Social Sciences Online.
Member, Editorial Board, Reading Religion.
Member, International, Interdisciplinary and Interreligious Research Group on ‘Consciousness Studies’, UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights, Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum, Roma, Italy.
Member, American Academy of Religion (AAR).
Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, 1996.
(b) CA Intermediate.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 1996.
Work Shared in CORE
- Review Are We Bodies or Souls Richard Swinburne Prabuddha Bharata March 2020
- Review Guatemala’s Catholic Revolution Bonar L Hernandez Sandoval H-Socialisms February 2020
- Review Looking Within Shonaleeka Kaul by Narasimhananda Prabuddha Bharata December 2019.
- Review The Making of Early Kashmir by Shonaleeka Kaul VIF October 2019
- Review Human Kindness and the Smell of Warm Croissants Ruwen Ogien Prabuddha Bharata September 2019
- Review Infinite Paths to Infinite Reality by Ayon Maharaj Reading Religion September 2019
- Review Philosophy in Colonial India ed. by Sharad Deshpande
- Review Hinduism and Hindu Nationalism Online by Juli L Gittinger Reading Religion April 2019
- Book Review Crossing the Lines of Caste by Adheesh Sathaye H-Net March 2019
- Book Review Why Philosophize? by Jean Francois Lyotard Prabuddha Bharata June 2018
- Book Review Uttara Gita by Minati Kar Prabuddha Bharata November 2008
- Book Review Truth by Alexis G. Burgess and John P. Burgess, Prabuddha Bharata March 2015
- Book Review Tragic Views of the Human Condition: Cross-Cultural Comparisons between Views of Human Nature in Greek and Shakespearean Tragedy and the Mahabharata and Bhagavadgita by Lourens Minnema, Prabuddha Bharata March 2015
- Book Review Towards the Goal by Mrs Vandana Sarathy and Dr Rajeev Ramakrishna Prabuddha Bharata January 2011
- Book Review The Western Construction of Religion: Myths, Knowledge, and Ideology by Daniel Dubuisson, Prabuddha Bharata February 2015
- Book Review The Way of Ayurvedic Herbs Karta Purkh Singh Khalsa and Michael Tierra, Prabuddha Bharata November 2013
- Book Review The Truth Will Set You Free by Svami Purna Prabuddha Bharata January 2010
- Book Review The Rainforest or From Protozoa to God Parimal Mukhopadhyay Prabuddha Bharata September 2014
- Book Review The Lily of the Field and The Bird of the Air Three Godly Discourses Soren Kierkegaard Prabuddha Bharata June 2018
- Book Review The Labyrinth of Solitude by K D Prithipaul Prabuddha Bharata May 2013
- Book Review The Journal of Oriental Research, Madras, 2010–2012 Eds Dr V Kamesari, Dr K S Balasubramanian, and Dr T V Vasudeva Prabuddha Bharata August 2014
- Book Review The Buddhist Dead Eds Bryan J Cuevas and Jacqueline I Stone Prabuddha Bharata January 2015
- Book Review The Brahma Kumaris as a Reflexive Tradition by John Wallis Prabuddha Bharata April 2009
- Book Review Swaraj: Thoughts of Gandhi, Tilak, Aurobindo, Raja Rammohun Roy, Tagore & Vivekananda by Amulya Ranjan Mohapatra Prabuddha Bharata February 2012
- Book Review Social Philosophy of Swami Vivekananda by Amulya Ranjan Mohapatra Prabuddha Bharata November 2010
- Book Review Sites of Asian Interaction: Ideas, Networks and Mobility, eds. Tim Harper and Sunil Amrith Prabuddha Bharata March 2015
- Sir John Woodroffe, Tantra and Bengal An Indian Soul in a European Body? by Kathleen Taylor Book Review Prabuddha Bharata March 2015
- Self Knowledge by Nome Book Review Prabuddha Bharata November 2010
- Secularism and Religion in Multi-faith Societies: The Case of India by Ragini Sen, Wolfgang Wagner, and Caroline Howarth Book Review Prabuddha Bharata December 2015
- Review The Problem with Interreligious Dialogue Muthuraj Swamy Reading Religion October 2016
- Review Why Grow Up Susan Neiman Prabuddha Bharata October 2016
- Review of What Kind of Creatures Are We? by Noam Chomsky Prabuddha Bharata August 2018
- Review Unconditional Equality Ajay Skaria Reading Religion October 2018
- Review of The Triumph of Religion Preceded by Discourse to Catholics by Jacques Lacan Prabuddha Bharata September 2018
- Review The Gathering of Intentions, Jacob P. Dalton, Indian Philosophy Blog May 2017
- Review The Concept of Non Photography by Francois Laruelle Prabuddha Bharata August 2017
- Review The Cambridge Introduction to Sanskrit A M Rupell Reading Religion January 2018
- Review Teresa My Love Julia Kristeva Prabuddha Bharata October
- Review Sweet Nileen Putatunda Prabuddha Bharata January 2018
- Review Struggle and Utopia by Francois Laruelle Prabuddha Bharata August 2017
- Review Sharing Wisdom Reading Religion June 2017
- Review Photo Fiction by Francois Laruelle Prabuddha Bharata August 2017
- Review Philosophy and Non Philosophy by Francois Laruelle Prabuddha Bharata August 2017
- Review of The Upanishads A Complete Guide by Signe Cohen Reading Religion June 2018
- Review of The Tagore Geddes Correspondence by Bashabi Fraser PB September 2016
- Review of The Rigveda (3 Volumes) by Stephanie W Jamison and Joel P Brereton Reading Religion May 2018
- Review of The Enemies of Excellence by Greg Salciccioli Prabuddha Bharata October 2018
- Review of Intellectuals and Power by Francois Laruelle published in Prabuddha Bharata in July 2016
- Review of Cut of the Real by Katerina Kolozova July 2016 Prabuddha Bharata
- Review New Models of Religious Understanding edited by Fiona Ellis Reading Religion February 2019
- Review Laruelle Against the Digital Prabuddha Bharata August 2017
- Review Laruelle A Stranger Thought by Anthony Paul Smith Prabuddha Bharata January 2019
- Review Introduction to Non-Marxism by Francois Laruelle Prabuddha Bharata August 2017
- Interreligious Encounters Opportunities and Challenges by Michael Amaladoss Reading Religion November 2017
- Review Interreligious Comparisons in Religious Studies and Theology Reading Religion February 2017
- Review Hinduism in the Modern World Reading Religion August 2017
- Review of Future Christ : A Lesson in Heresy by Francois Laruelle Prabuddha Bharata July 2018
- Review From Decision to Heresy by Francois Laruelle Prabuddha Bharata August 2017
- Review Free Why Science Hasnt Disproved Free Will Alfred R Mele Prabuddha Bharata September 2017
- Review Finders Keepers Robert Arnett Prabuddha Bharata September 2017
- Review Dying A Transition by Monika Renz Prabuddha Bharata December 2018
- Review Dictionary of Non Philosophy by Francois Laruelle Prabuddha Bharata August 2017
- Review Christo Fiction by Francois Laruelle Prabuddha Bharata August 2017
- Review Argument and Design Reading Religion February 2017
- Review All Thoughts Are Equal Prabuddha Bharata August 2017
- Religion Without God by Ronald M Dworkin Book Review Prabuddha Bharata May 2016
- Recovering the Lost Tongue by Rahul Banerjee Book Review Prabuddha Bharata July 2010
- Postcolonial Reason and Its Critique Eds Purushottama Billimoria and Dina Al-Kassim Book Review Prabuddha Bharata December 2014
- Peace or Perish by J P Vaswani Book Review Prabuddha Bharata December 2009
- Pages from the Past Part 1 Rameshwar Tantia Book Review Prabuddha Bharata February 2016
- Minimal Theologies by Hent de Vries Book Review Prabuddha Bharata February 2015
- Management A New Look—Lessons from Sarada Ma’s Life and Teaching by Dr Abani Nath Mukhopadhyay Book Review Prabuddha Bharata September 2014
- Man in Search of Immortality Testimonials from the Hindu Scriptures by Swami Nikhilananda Book Review Prabuddha Bharata January 2013
- Lectures on Patañjali’s Mahābhāshya Volumes IX and X Kuppuswami Sastry Research Institute Book Review Prabuddha Bharata June 2014
- Journey to Foreign Selves by Alan Roland Book Review Prabuddha Bharata February 2015
- Jivanmukti Viveka of Vidyaranya by Swami Harshananda Book Review Prabuddha Bharata September 2010
- Introduction to Hindu Dharma by Chandrashekharendra Saraswati Book Review Prabuddha Bharata January 2013
- Humour and Religion Challenges and Ambiguities Eds Hans Geybels and Walter Van Herck Book Review Prabuddha Bharata March 2015
- How to Seek God by Swami Yatiswarananda Book Review Prabuddha Bharata April 2010
- How to Organize Life Book Review Prabuddha Bharata June 2011
- Holy Mother, Swamiji, and Direct Disciples at Madras Book Review Prabuddha Bharata May 2011
- Great Thinkers on Ramakrishna Vivekananda Book Review Prabuddha Bharata June 2012
- God Without Being by Jean-Luc Marion Book Review Prabuddha Bharata February 2015
- Fate and Fortune in the Indian Scriptures by Sukumari Bhattacharji Book Review Prabuddha Bharata March 2015
- Family Values by Harry Brighouse and Adam Swift Book Review Prabuddha Bharata February 2015
- Encyclopedia of Kashmiri Pandit Culture and Heritage by C L Kaul Book Review February 2011 Prabuddha Bharata
- Divine Self, Human Self: The Philosophy of Being in Two Gita Commentaries by Chakravarthi Ram-Prasad Book Review Prabuddha Bharata March 2015
- Dharma: Its Early History in Law, Religion, and Narrative by Alf Hiltebeitel Book Review Prabuddha Bharata March 2015
- Bodhisattvas of the Forest and the Formation of the Mahayana Daniel Boucher Book Review Prabuddha Bharata August 2014
- The Mahabharata / Srimad Bhagavata – in the Poet’s Own Words by Pandit A M Srinivasachariar Book Review Prabuddha Bharata June 2010
- Beyond Sacred Violence: A Comparative Study of Sacrifice by Kathryn McClymond Book Review Prabuddha Bharata February 2015
Other Publications(a) Details of Publications/Conference Papers Presented
Swami Narasimhananda ed. Vivekananda Reader. 2012. Advaita Ashrama. Kolkata.
Swami Narasimhananda trans. Vivekanandagatapran Netaji Subhash by Swami Videhatmananda. 2014. Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture. Kolkata.
Articles Published in Journals and Magazines
1. Brahmachari Sudhakaran. Yajnavalkya Smriti (Tamil). Ramakrishna Vijayam, July and August, 2000.
2. Swami Narasimhananda. Beyond Distinctions. Prabuddha Bharata. December 2008.
3. Swami Narasimhananda. Aging: The Indian Context. Prabuddha Bharata. April 2009.
4. Swami Narasimhananda–Forerunners of Malayalam Literature–Prabuddha Bharata–September–2010
5. Swami Narasimhananda–Vivekdisha: Knowledge in All Directions–Prabuddha Bharata–October–2010
6. Swami Narasimhananda–The Story of Shyampukur Bati–Prabuddha Bharata–May–2011
7. Swami Narasimhananda–Young India–Prabuddha Bharata–January–2012
8. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–March–2012
9. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–April–2012
10. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–May–2012
11. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–June–2012
12. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–July–2012
13. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–September–2012
14. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–October–2012
15. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–November–2012
16. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–December–2012
17. Swami Narasimhananda. Financial Planning For Employees. Kolkata Kindle—NHRD Kolkata. December 2012.
18. Swami Narasimhananda. Bangla Chavi O Shahar Jeevan (Bengali). Anya Shatabdir Chitrakalpo. January 2013.
19. Swami Narasimhananda. Jeevan Ka Lakshya (Hindi). Awakening—Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Society, Jamshedpur. January 2013.
20. Swami Narasimhananda. Indian Women in the Light of Swami Vivekananda. Naivedya—Kolkata Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Bhavaprachar Parishad. January 2013.
21. Swami Narasimhananda–Vivekananda’s Rereading of Vedanta–Prabuddha Bharata–January–2013
22. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–February–2013
23. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–March–2013
24. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–April–2013
25. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–June–2013
26. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–July–2013
27. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–September–2013
28. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–October–2013
29. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–November–2013
30. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–December–2013
31. Swami Narasimhananda. Vivekananda’s Concept of Religion. Prabuddha Bharata. January 2014.
32. Swami Narasimhananda. Swamijir Bhavanay Aajker Nari (Bengali). Nirbhik Pathik. Special Issue January 2014.
33. Swami Narasimhananda. Dheer Kandari (Bengali). Nirbhik Pathik. March-April 2014.
34. Swami Narasimhananda. Samasya Mukta Jivan (Bengali). Nirbhik Pathik. September-October 2014.
35. Swami Narasimhananda. True Spirituality. Abhih. 2014.
36. Swami Narasimhananda. Facing Real-Life Challenges. Awakening with Swami Vivekananda, Fakirchand College, Diamond Harbour, West Bengal. June 2014.
37. Swami Narasimhananda. Vivekanandarin Ezhuthattralai Pottriya Thakur (Tamil). Ramakrishna Vijayam. November 2014.
38. Swami Narasimhananda. Unpublished Lectures of Swami Vivekananda at the Barber’s—Vedanta: The Soul— Prabuddha Bharata—July 2015.
39. Swami Narasimhananda. ‘Vedanta Brain and Islam Body’: Dr A P J Abdul Kalam—Prabuddha Bharata—October 2015.
40. Swami Narasimhananda. Do Not Commit Suicide. Abhih. 2015.
41. Swami Narasimhananda. Becoming Human. Business Economics. Volume 21, Issue No. 18 (16–31 December 2015).
42. Swami Narasimhananda–A Glorious Future Rooted in Heritage–Organiser–67/31–31 January 2016.
43. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–February–2016.
44. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–March–2016.
45. Swami Narasimhananda–Svarajya Siddhih: Attaining Self-dominion (Translation)–Prabuddha Bharata–April–2016.
46. Swami Narasimhananda–Phalaharini Kali (Malayalam)–Hindu Vishva—September-October 2016.
47. Swami Narasimhananda–The Changing Classroom: Student-Teacher Interaction in an Increasingly Virtual World–Vedanta Kesari–December 2016.
48. Swami Narasimhananda–The Myth of Mild Hindu–Organiser–68/31–29 January 2017.
49. Swami Narasimhananda–Exploring Religious Education–Organiser–68/41–9 April 2017.
50. Swami Narasimhananda–Beyond Formal Education–Organiser–68/47–21 May 2017.
51. Swami Narasimhananda–Retuning Family Values–Organiser–69/5–30 July 2017.
52. Swami Narasimhananda–The Mild Hindu–Abhih. 2017.
53. Swami Narasimhananda–Faces Not Found in Facebook–Organiser–69/9–10 September 2017.
54. Swami Narasimhananda–Finding Time–Organiser–69/13–24 September 2017.
55. Swami Narasimhananda–Getting High–Organiser–69/15–8 October 2017.
56. Swami Narasimhananda– Beyond Gyms and Pills–Organiser–69/44–29 April 2018.
57. Swami Narasimhananda–Facing Challenges–Organiser–69/46-13 May 2018.
58. Swami Narasimhananda–Loving Literature–Organiser–69/48-27 May 2018.
59. Swami Narasimhananda–Swami Vivekananda and the World’s Parliament of Religions, 1893: New Perspectives–Prabuddha Bharata–September and October 2018.
60. Swami Narasimhananda–Science and Religion: Two Paths to Truth–Business Economics–Volume 24, Issue No. 11 (01–15 September 2018).
Articles Published in Leading Newspapers
1) Swami Narasimhananda. Sanshay Jakhon Pratyaye Mishe Gelo (Bengali). Aajkal. 12 January 2014.
2) Swami Narasimhananda. Virat Rupon Mein Kyon Hain Ma Kali (Hindi). Amar Ujala. 07 October 2016.
1) Brahmachari Sudhakaran. Mahapurush Maharaj As We Knew Him. Vedanta Kesari. 2001.
2) Swami Narasimhananda. Uttara Gita. Prabuddha Bharata. November 2008.
3) Swami Narasimhananda. Brahma Kumaris—A Reflexive Tradition. April 2009.
4) Swami Narasimhananda. Peace or Perish—There is No Other Choice. December 2009.
5) Swami Narasimhananda–The Truth Will Set You Free–Svāmi Pūrnā–Prabuddha Bharata–January–2010
6) Swami Narasimhananda–How to Seek God–Swami Yatiswarananda–Prabuddha Bharata–April–2010
7) Swami Narasimhananda–Srimad Bhagavata— Condensed in the Poet’s Own Words–Pandit A M Srinivasachariar; trans. Dr V Raghavan–Prabuddha Bharata–June–2010
8) Swami Narasimhananda–The Mahabharata—Condensed in the Poet’s Own Words–Pandit A M Srinivasachariar; trans. Dr V Raghavan–Prabuddha Bharata–June–2010
9) Swami Narasimhananda–Recovering the Lost Tongue: The Saga of Environmental Struggles in Central India–Rahul Banerjee–Prabuddha Bharata–July–2010
10) Swami Narasimhananda–Jīvanmukti Viveka of Vidyāranya–Trans. Swami Harshananda and Dr H Ramachandra Swamy–Prabuddha Bharata–September–2010
11) Swami Narasimhananda–Social Philosophy of Swami Vivekananda–Amulya Ranjan Mohapatra–Prabuddha Bharata–November–2010
12) Swami Narasimhananda–Self Knowledge–Nome–Prabuddha Bharata–November–2010
13) Swami Narasimhananda–Towards The Goal–Mrs Vandana Sarathy, Dr Rajeev Ramakrishna–Prabuddha Bharata–January–2011
14) Swami Narasimhananda–Encyclopedia of Kashmiri Pandit Culture and Heritage–C L Kaul–Prabuddha Bharata–February–2011
15) Swami Narasimhananda–Holy Mother, Swamiji, and Direct Disciples at Madras–Ramakrishna Math Chennai–Prabuddha Bharata–May–2011
16) Swami Narasimhananda–How to Organize Life? A Vedanta Kesari Presentation–Ramakrishna Math Chennai–Prabuddha Bharata–June–2011
17) Swami Narasimhananda–Swaraj: Thoughts of Gandhi, Tilak, Aurobindo, Raja Rammohun Roy, Tagore & Vivekananda–Amulya Ranjan Mohapatra–Prabuddha Bharata–February–2012
18) Swami Narasimhananda–Great Thinkers on Ramakrishna Vivekananda–Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture–Prabuddha Bharata–June–2012
19) Swami Narasimhananda–Introduction to Hindu Dharma–Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati Swamigal; ed. Michael Owen Fitzgerald–Prabuddha Bharata–January–2013
20) Swami Narasimhananda–Man in Search of Immortality: Testimonials from the Hindu Scriptures–Swami Nikhilananda–Prabuddha Bharata–January–2013
21) Swami Narasimhananda–The Labyrinth of Solitude–K D Prithipaul–Prabuddha Bharata–May–2013
22) Swami Narasimhananda–The Way of Ayurvedic Herbs–Karta Purkh Singh Khalsa and Michael Tierra–Prabuddha Bharata–November–2013
23) Swami Narasimhananda–Lectures on Patanjalis Mahabhashya Volumes IX and X–P S Subrahmanya Sastri–Prabuddha Bharata–June 2014.
24) Swami Narasimhananda–Bodhisattvas of the Forest and the Formation of the Mahayana–Daniel Boucher–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2014.
25) Swami Narasimhananda–The Journal of Oriental Research, Madras, 2010–2012–Eds Dr V Kamesari, Dr K S Balasubramanian, and Dr T V Vasudeva–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2014.
26) Swami Narasimhananda–The Rainforest or From Protozoa to God–Parimal Mukhopadhyay–Prabuddha Bharata–September 2014.
27) Swami Narasimhananda–Management A New Look—Lessons from Sarada Ma’s Life and Teaching–Dr Abani Nath Mukhopadhyay–Prabuddha Bharata–September 2014.
28) Swami Narasimhananda–Postcolonial Reason and Its Critique–Eds Purushottama Billimoria and Dina Al-Kassim–Prabuddha Bharata–December 2014.
29) Swami Narasimhananda–The Buddhist Dead–Eds Bryan J Cuevas and Jacqueline I Stone–Prabuddha Bharata–January 2015.
30) Swami Narasimhananda–Beyond Sacred Violence: A Comparative Study of Sacrifice–Kathryn McClymond–Prabuddha Bharata–February 2015.
31) Swami Narasimhananda–Famly Values–Harry Brighouse and Adam Swift–Prabuddha Bharata–February 2015.
32) Swami Narasimhananda–God Without Being–Jean-Luc Marion–Prabuddha Bharata–February 2015.
33) Swami Narasimhananda–Journey to Foreign Selves–Alan Roland–Prabuddha Bharata–February 2015.
34) Swami Narasimhananda–Minimal Theologies–Hent de Vries–Prabuddha Bharata–February 2015.
35) Swami Narasimhananda–The Western Construction of Religion–Daniel Dubuisson–Prabuddha Bharata–February 2015.
36) Swami Narasimhananda–Dharma: Its Early History in Law, Religion, and Narrative–Alf Hiltebeitel–Prabuddha Bharata–March 2015.
37) Swami Narasimhananda–Divine Self, Human Self: The Philosophy of Being in Two Gita Commentaries–Chakravarthi Ram-Prasad–Prabuddha Bharata–March 2015.
38) Swami Narasimhananda–Fate and Fortune in the Indian Scriptures–Sukumari Bhattacharji–Prabuddha Bharata–March 2015.
39) Swami Narasimhananda–Humour and Religion: Challenges and Ambiguities–Eds Hans Geybels and Walter Van Herck–Prabuddha Bharata–March 2015.
40) Swami Narasimhananda–Sir John Woodroffe, Tantra and Bengal: An Indian Soul in a European Body?–Kathleen Taylor–Prabuddha Bharata–March 2015.
41) Swami Narasimhananda–Sites of Asian Interaction: Ideas, Network, and Mobility–Eds Tim Harper and Sunil Amrith–Prabuddha Bharata–March 2015.
42) Swami Narasimhananda–Tragic Views of the Human Condition–Lourens Minnerna–Prabuddha Bharata–March 2015.
43) Swami Narasimhananda–Truth–Alexis G Burgess and John P Burgess–Prabuddha Bharata–March 2015.
44) Swami Narasimhananda–Secularism and Religion in Multi-faith Societies: The Case of India–Ragini Sen, Wolfgang Wagner, and Caroline Howarth– Prabuddha Bharata–December 2015.
45) Swami Narasimhananda–Pages from the Past Part 1–Rameshwar Tantia–Prabuddha Bharata–February 2016.
46) Swami Narasimhananda–Religion Without God–Ronald M Dworkin–Prabuddha Bharata–May 2016.
47) Swami Narasimhananda–Cut of the Real–Katerina Kolozova–Prabuddha Bharata–May 2016.
48) Swami Narasimhananda–Intellectuals and Power–Francois Laruelle–Prabuddha Bharata–July 2016.
49) Swami Narasimhananda–The Tagore Geddes Correspondence–Bashabi Fraser–Prabuddha Bharata–September 2016.
50) Swami Narasimhananda–Why Grow Up?–Susan Neiman–Prabuddha Bharata–October 2016.
51) Swami Narasimhananda–The Problem With Interreligious Dialogue–Muthuraj Swamy–Reading Religion–October 2016.
52) Swami Narasimhananda–Interreligious Comparisons in Religious Studies and Theology–Perry Schmidt-Leukel and Andreas Nehring–Reading Religion–February 2017.
53) Swami Narasimhananda–Argument and Design: The Unity of the Mahabharata–Vishwa Adluri and Joydeep Bagchee–Reading Religion–February 2017.
54) Swami Narasimhananda–An Introduction to Indian Philosophy–Roy W. Perrett–Reading Religion–May 2017.
55) Swami Narasimhananda–The Gathering of Intentions: A History of A Tibetan Tantra–John P Dalton–Indian Philosophy Blog–May 2017.
56) Swami Narasimhananda–Sharing Wisdom: Benefits and Boundaries of Interreligious Learning–Alon Goshen-Gottstein–Reading Religion–June 2017.
57) Swami Narasimhananda–All Thoughts Are Equal: Laruelle and Nonhuman Philosophy–John Ó Maoilearca–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2017.
58) Swami Narasimhananda–Laruelle: Against the Digital–Alexander R Galloway–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2017.
59) Swami Narasimhananda–Dictionary of Non-Philosophy–François Laruelle–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2017.
60) Swami Narasimhananda–Photo-Fiction, A Non-Standard Aesthetics–François Laruelle–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2017.
61) Swami Narasimhananda–Philosophy and Non-Philosophy–François Laruelle–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2017.
62) Swami Narasimhananda–Introduction to Non-Marxism–François Laruelle–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2017.
63) Swami Narasimhananda–Struggle and Utopia at the End Times of Philosophy–François Laruelle–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2017.
64) Swami Narasimhananda–The Concept of Non-Photography–François Laruelle–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2017.
65) Swami Narasimhananda–From Decision to Heresy: Experiments in Non-Standard Thought–François Laruelle–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2017.
66) Swami Narasimhananda–Christo Fiction–François Laruelle–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2017.
67) Swami Narasimhananda–Hinduism in the Modern World–Brian A Hatcher–Reading Religion–August 2017.
68) Swami Narasimhananda–Finders Keepers?—A True Story in India–Robert Arnett–Prabuddha Bharata–September 2017.
69) Swami Narasimhananda–Free: Why Science Hasn’t Disproved Free Will–Alfred R Mele–Prabuddha Bharata–September 2017.
70) Swami Narasimhananda–Teresa, My Love: An Imagined Life of the Saint of Avila—A Novel–Julia Kristeva–Prabuddha Bharata–October 2017.
71) Swami Narasimhananda–Interreligious Encounters–Michael Amaladoss–Reading Religion–November 2017.
72) Swami Narasimhananda–Sweet–Nileen Putatunda–Prabuddha Bharata–January 2018.
73) Swami Narasimhananda–The Cambridge Introduction to Sanskrit–A M Ruppel–Reading Religion–January 2018.
74) Swami Narasimhananda–The Rig Veda–Translated by Stephanie W Jamison and Joel P Brereton–Reading Religion–May 2018.
75) Swami Narasimhananda–The Upanishads–Signe Cohen–Reading Religion–June 2018.
76) Swami Narasimhananda–The Lily of the Field and The Bird of the Air: Three Godly Discourses–Søren Kierkegaard–Prabuddha Bharata–June 2018.
77) Swami Narasimhananda–Why Philosophize?–Jean-François Lyotard–Prabuddha Bharata–June 2018.
78) Swami Narasimhananda–Future Christ: A Lesson in Heresy–François Lyotard–Prabuddha Bharata–July 2018.
79) Swami Narasimhananda–What Kind of Creatures Are We?–Noam Chomsky–Prabuddha Bharata–August 2018.
80) Swami Narasimhananda–The Triumph of Religion Preceded by Discourse to Catholics–Jacques Lacan–Prabuddha Bharata–September 2018.
81) Swami Narasimhananda–The Enemies of Excellence–Greg Salciccioli–Prabuddha Bharata–October 2018.
82) Swami Narasimhananda–The Heartfulness Way–Kamlesh D Patel and Joshua Pollock–Prabuddha Bharata–November 2018.
Book Chapters and Encyclopaedia Entries
1) Swami Narasimhananda. Karma Yoga: The Path of Non-theistic Self-unfoldment in ‘Swami Vivekananda—New Perspectives’. Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Kolkata. 2013.
2) Swami Narasimhananda. Sister Nivedita, the Dedicated in ‘Learning from the Lasses—Women of the Patrick Geddes’ Circle’. Luath Press, Edinburgh. 2014.
3) Swami Narasimhananda. Sri Ramakrishna’s Harmony of Religions in ‘Reflections on Harmony of Religions’. Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Kolkata. 2014.
4) Swami Narasimhananda. Swamijiyin ‘Kizhakkum Merkum’ Noolai Pattri Ravindranath Thakurin Karutthu in ‘Swami Vivekanandar Pattri Mahakavi Bharathiyar Kooriyavai’ by Swami Kamalatmananda. Vol 1. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Chennai. 2014.
5) Swami Narasimhananda. ‘The Formation of the Himalayas According to the Mahābhārata’ in The Himalayas: An Encyclopedia of Geography, History, and Culture eds Andrew J Hund and James A Wren. abc-clio, Santa Barbara, usa. 2018.
6) Swami Narasimhananda. ‘Spiritual and Religious Tapestry of the Himalayas’ in The Himalayas: An Encyclopedia of Geography, History, and Culture eds Andrew J Hund and James A Wren. abc-clio, Santa Barbara, usa. 2018.
Papers presented/Speeches in Conferences/Seminars
1. Sociology of Religious Identities. International Seminar on ‘Religion, Society, and Postmodernity’. Department of Sociology. Jadavpur University. 9 February 2012.
2. Interpretation of Religious Texts. International Conference on ‘Religion and Globalization: A Changing Perspective’. Department of Sociology. Jadavpur University. 29-30 November and 1 December 2012.
3. Pali Sahitya O Bauddha Sanskriti—Prasangikata (Bengali). National Seminar. Department of Pali. University of Calcutta. 31 May 2013.
4. The Educational and Religious Thought of Swami Vivekananda. Seminar on Swami Vivekananda. Department of Philosophy. Shibpur Dinobundhoo Institution (College), Kolkata. 12 September 2013.
5. Valedictory Address at the Fourth Level of Navya-Nyaya Course in National Textual Workshop at Asiatic Society, Kolkata on 29.03.2014.
6. Vedanta and Management. 3rd International Conference on ‘Vedic Foundations of Indian Management’, Department of Management Studies and ISOL, IIT Roorkee. 29 November 2014.
7. Hinduism Today. International Seminar on ‘Religion Today’, Department of Sociology, Jadavpur University, 6 February 2015.
8. Conducted ‘Personality Development’ and ‘Spirituality and Productivity’ workshops in Globsyn Business School, Kolkata on 2 and 4 February 2015.
9. Francois Laruelle’s Non-Philosophy—A Syncretic Understanding of Experiential Transcendence of Post-Structuralist Globalisation, National Seminar on ‘Globalization, Environment and Women: Understanding the Linkage’, Department of Commerce, Swami Vivekanand Government P G College, Lohaghat, Uttarakhand, 12–13 March 2016.
10. A Non-Philosophical Approach to the Sociology of Religious Pluralism, UK-BRIC International Conference on the Sociology of Religion in a Pluralistic Society organized by Jadavpur University in collaboration with Lancaster University, UK at the Centre for Study of Religion and Society, Department of Sociology, Jadavpur University, 7–9 April 2016.
11. Values-based Education: Challenges in Implementation and Designing the Curriculum, National Seminar on ‘Indian Education System and Human Values: Understanding the Relationship and Analysing the Need’, Department of Commerce, Swami Vivekanand Government P G College, Lohaghat, Uttarakhand, 19–20 March 2017.
12. Standardising Book Publication Workflow and Improving Quality to Match International Standards, Conference on Publication of Books, Ramakrishna Math, Belur Math, West Bengal, 12 October 2017.
13. Retrotopic Effect as Seen in Vaishnavism in India, International Conference on Vaishnavism: Theory and Practice organized by Jadavpur University in collaboration with Stockholm University, Sweden, at the Centre for Study of Religion and Society, Department of Sociology, Jadavpur University, 18–19 December 2017.
14. A Scripture as a Guide to the Study of Other Scriptures: Sri Sri Ramakrishna Kathamrta as a Hermeneutical Toolkit, National Seminar on Sri Sri Ramakrishna Kathamrta, organized by the Indian Council for Philosophical Research (ICPR) at the India International Centre, 19–21 February 2018.
(b) Details of Research/Consultancy Projects
1. Gives classes in the ‘Postgraduate Diploma in Religion, Society, and Social work’ at the Department of Sociology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
(c) Other Publications
Short Stories Published
1) Swami Narasimhananda. Neshar Sadhan, Sadhaner Nesha (Bengali). Rosatol. Issue No.7, 2012.
2) Swami Narasimhananda. Third Umpire (Bengali). Rosatol. Issue No. 8, 2013.
1) Swami Narasimhananda. Tomar Sandhane (Bengali). Udbodhan 118/6 (10 June 2016, Ashad 1423).
MembershipsMember, American Academy of Religion (AAR).
Member, Editorial Board, Reading Religion.
Member, International, Interdisciplinary and Interreligious Research Group on ‘Consciousness Studies’, UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights, Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum, Roma, Italy.