Education2016 PhD, Comparative Literature, Washington University in Saint Louis
2016 Graduate Certificate in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
2009 MA, Islamic and Near Eastern Studies, Washington University in Saint Louis
2007 BA, International and Area Studies (with University Honors and Phi Beta Kappa), Washington University in Saint Louis
Work Shared in CORE
Other PublicationsAcademic Publications
- (with Maxim G. Romanov, Sarah Bowen Savant, and Ben Kiessling). “Important New Developments in Arabographic Optical Character Recognition (OCR).” Al-ʿUṣūr al-Wusṭā: The Journal of Middle East Medievalists 25 (2017). Available here: http://islamichistorycommons.org/mem/wp-content/uploads/sites/55/2017/11/UW-25-Savant-et-al.pdf
- “Embodying the Sufi Beloved: (Homo)eroticism, Embodiment, and the Construction of Desire in the Hagiographic Tradition of ‘Erâqi.” Journal of Middle Eastern Literatures 21:1 (2018).
- https://doi.org/10.1017/S0020743817000964(with Maxim G. Romanov and Sarah Bowen Savant). “Digitizing the Textual Heritage of the Premodern Islamicate World: Principles and Plans.” International Journal of Middle East Studies 50 (2017): 103-109. doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0020743817000964
- (with Sarah Bowen Savant). “‘Tell Me Something I Don’t Know!’: The Place and Politics of Digital Methods in the (Islamicate) Humanities.” International Journal of Middle East Studies 50 (2017): 135-139. doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0020743817001027
- “Fakhr al-Dīn ‘Irāqī: Poet and Mystic.” In Religious and Mystical Literature (Volume VI of A History of Persian Literature Series), eds. Fatemeh Keshavarz, Ahmet T. Karamustafa, and Ehsan Yarshater. New York: I.B. Tauris, Forthcoming 2018.
- “The Kite Runner Critiqued: New Orientalism Goes to the Big Screen.” CommonDreams (Jan 2008). Available here. Translated into Persian: “Ravâyati neo-orientâlisti az khâvarmiyâneh: naqdi digar bar ‘Bâdbâdak-bâz’.” Jahân-e Ketâb sâl-e sizdahom, shomâreh-ye 3 va 4 (Khordâd va Tir 1387). Translated by Ahmad Sayf. Available here: http://www.ensani.ir/fa/content/236052/default.aspx