EducationBA in General History at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
MA in Religious Studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
DPhil in Theology, University of Oxford
Work Shared in CORE
Journal articles and book chapters
- Purity, Community and Ritual in Early Christian Literature (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2017).
- Associate Editor (with Guy G. Stroumsa and Adam Silverstein), The Oxford Handbook of the Abrahamic Religions (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015).
- Editor (with Serge Ruzer and Daniel Stökl Ben-Ezra), Scriptures, Sacred Traditions, and Strategies of Religious Subversion: Studies in Discourse with the Work of Guy G. Stroumsa (Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2018).
- “The Ambivalence of Purification and the Challenge of Transformation in the Rites of Passage and in Early Christian Texts”, Journal of Classical Sociology 18:4 (2018), 338-348.
- “Demons and Pollution: Greek, Jewish and Christian Models”, Katharos: Proceedings of the 14th conference of the Centre international d’étude de la religion grecque antique, Kernos Supplements 32, edited by Jan Mathieu Carbon and Vinciane Pirenne-Delforge (Paris: Boccard, 2018).
- “On the Paradigmatic Status of Biblical Figures in Some Late Ancient Christian Exegetes”, in Scriptures, Sacred Traditions, and Strategies of Religious Subversion: Studies in Discourse with the Work of Guy G. Stroumsa, edited by Moshe Blidstein, Serge Ruzer and Daniel Stökl Ben-Ezra (Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck 2018).
- “Loosing Vows and Oaths in the Roman Empire and Beyond: Authority and Interpretation”, Archiv für Religionsgeschichte 18 (2018), 275-304.
- “Swearing by the Book: Oaths and the Rise of Scripture in the Roman Empire”, Asdiwal: Revue genevoise d’anthropologie et d’histoire des religions 12 (2018), 53-72.
- “Between Ritual and Moral Purity: Early Christian Views on Dietary Laws”, in Authoritative Texts and Reception History: Aspects and Approaches, edited by Dan Batovici and Kristin De Troyer. Biblical Interpretation Series 151. (Leiden: Brill, 2016), 243-59.
- “Purity and Defilement”, in The Oxford Handbook of the Abrahamic Religions, edited by Guy G. Stroumsa, Adam Silverstein and Moshe Blidstein. (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015), 448-65
- “How Many Pigs were on Noah’s Ark? An Exegetical Encounter on the Nature of Impurity”, Harvard Theological Review 108:3 (2015), 448-70
- “Entering a Sanctuary the Wrong Way”, Scripta Classica Israelica 34 (2015), 165-79.
- “Purity Opposed: Christian Identity Formation in Third Century Polemics against Death Defilement”, Studia Patristica 63 (2013), 373-84.
- MA Thesis: Vegetable Offerings in the Roman Empire (in Hebrew; Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2006).