EducationPh.D. History, Classics and Ancient Mediterranean Studies. Pennsylvania State University, 2013.
Greek Military Service in the Ancient Near East, 401-330 BCE
. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2019. Link.
- “Greeks in Foreign Service: The Case of the Achaemenid Empire.” In A Companion to Greek Warfare, edited by W. Heckel, F.S. Naiden, E.E. Garvin, J. Vanderspoel. Wiley & Sons, 2021. Link.
- “Refighting Cunaxa: Xenophon’s Education of Cyrus as a Manual on Military Leadership.” In Greek and Roman Military Manuals: Genre and History, edited by James T. Chlup and Conor Whately, 153-171. London: Routledge, 2020. Link.
- “The Phocian Betrayal at Thermopylae.” Historia: Zeitschrift für Alte Geschichte 68 (2019), 413-435. Link.
- “The Outbreak of the Rebellion of Cyrus the Younger.” Greek, Roman, and Byzantine Studies 59 (2019), 57-85. Link.
- “The Assassination of Tissaphernes: Royal Responses to Military Defeat in the Achaemenid Empire.” In Brill’s Companion to Military Defeat in Ancient Mediterranean Society, edited by Jessica H. Clark and Brian Turner, 51-73. Leiden: Brill, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1163/9789004355774_004
- “The Historical Context of the Reply to the Satraps Inscription (IG IV 556).” Journal of Ancient History 5 (2017), 304-322. https://hdl.handle.net/11299/220303
- “Reconsidering the Origin of the Scythed Chariot.” Historia: Zeitschrift für Alte Geschichte 62 (2013), 167-181. https://hdl.handle.net/11299/220297 or https://www.jstor.org/stable/24433670