EducationPhD in English Literature (Partition Texts and their Film Adaptations)
- Akram, A., & Anwar, N. (2021). Adapting History in Fiction and Film: The Pre-Partition Turmoil and Anglo-Indian Predicament in Bhowani Junction. Historicus – Journal of the Pakistan Historical Society, 68(3). (ISSN: 0030-9796). PP 113-138. Retrieved from http://phs.com.pk/index.php/phs/article/view/85 (Published: 3-July-2021)
- Akram, A. (2020). Adaptation or Historical Anomaly? Partition Narratives and Their Visual Counterparts. NUML Journal of Critical Inquiry. Vol-18 (I). (ISSN: 2222-5706). pp 13-34. (Published: 30-Nov-2020)
- Akram, A., Jajja, M. A. (2018). The Maternal Dilemma and Nuptial Ordeals in Jodi Picoult’s Fiction: The Lens of Maternal Feminism. Pakistan Journal of Gender Studies. Vol-7. (ISSN: 2072-0394). pp 19-38. (Published: 31-Dec-2018)
- Member of MLA (Modern Language Association) — the largest and most prestigious organization in the Humanities.
- Member of NeMLA (Northeast Modern Language Association) Diversity Caucus, 2022-2023.
- Lead Operational Member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Research in Humanities, published by the Institute of English Studies, University of the Punjab Lahore, since December 2021.
- Vice President (Education) and previously the Secretary of the Executive Committee, UE Toastmasters Club (Club Charter: 6988421, Personal Membership Number: 07080692) from March 2018 to September 2021, officially affiliated with Toastmasters International, USA— a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs. I am honored to be one of the founding executive members of the first Toastmasters’ club established in a public sector university in Pakistan.
- Member of PUAN (Pakistan-US Alumni Network) since May 2019 (Membership ID: 30123).
- Member of the Editorial Committee (now Managing Editor), Journal of Research in Humanities (JRH), published by the Institute of English Studies, University of the Punjab, Lahore (December 2021- Present).
- Served as a Member of Advisory Editorial Board for JASS (Journal of Arts and Social Sciences), published by Lahore College for Women University, Lahore (LCWU) from 2014 to 2017.