AATI/IASA @ LUCCA Conference CfP
20 October 2021 at 1:58 am #1028243
CALL FOR PAPERS AATI/IASA JOINT CONFERENCELucca, IT 2022 The first joint international conference of the American Association of Teachers of Italian (AATI) and the Italian American Studies Association (IASA) will take place from May 25-29, 2022 at La Fondazione Campus in Lucca, Italy. In keeping with the missions of the AATI/IASA, theconference organizers invite members to organize sessions and roundtables that approach Diaspora Studies, Italian Studies, and Italian American Studies through interdisciplinary lenses and represent a wide range of interests and time periods. We encourage participation from colleagues working in and across African and African American studies, anthropology, art, architecture, classics, comparative studies, environmental studies, film and media, geography, history, Italian American/Italian Canadian/Italian Diaspora studies, linguistics, music, queer studies, theater, women’s, feminist, and gender studies, and more. We additionally encourage proposals concerning topics directly related to Lucca/Tuscany.Some possible themes include:
- Giacomo Puccini
- Giuseppe Ungaretti
- Luigi Boccherini
- Pompeo Batoni
- Migration/Association: Lucchesi nel mondo
- Tuscany and Tourism (including vineyards; ecotourism; representation(s) of tourism)
- Tuscany and the concept of MADE IN ITALY
Timeline for Accepting Proposals:
November 7, 2021: Session, Round Table, and Individual Paper* Proposals due with title, brief abstract (150-200 words), and short bio. December 19, 2021: The AATI Conference Committee will notify those individual abstracts, panel proposals, and roundtables that have been accepted. *Scholars are encouraged to submit papers to a specific session whenever possible. Individual papers will be accepted on a case-by-case basis and conference organizers will attempt to place these papers in an appropriate session. Individual paper proposals should also include the information below. Proposals should include a 250-word abstract for each paper and 75-word bio for each participant, including chairs and respondents, as well as for all participants in a proposed panel. Each participant’s name, affiliation, email, and preferred address should be listed. Please indicate if the presenter/panel requires AV equipment (each room has a computer, a projector, and speakers).
Required Format for Session Proposals and Roundtables:
- TITLE OF SESSION OF ROUNDTABLE (IN CAPS)
- 100-word maximum description of session or roundtable(descriptions over 100 words will be returned for editing)
- Organizer, Affiliation, Email address
- Chair (if different from Organizer): Name, Affiliation
- Name, Affiliation, Title of presentation in quotationmarks for each session participant
- Name, Affiliation for each roundtable participant
ALL proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to organize a session or roundtable, you must be a member in good standing with Non-members may not organize sessions. Membership renewal is available at the AATI website.
- Sessions and roundtables with fewer than three speakers or participants will not be
- In proposing sessions and roundtables, please include no more than two individuals from any single
- All participants in a session or roundtable must be AATI or IASA members by January 21, Sessions including non-members will not be included in the program.
AATI/IASA 2022 Conference Workshops and Activities:
Workshops will begin Wednesday afternoon. More information to come with abstracts and registration to be announced on the AATI listserv and website as well as the conference webpage. All workshops are included in the conference registration fee.
Excursions and Post-Conference Activities:
To be announced in late summer/early fall. 2022 Convention Registration Prices: Registration received by February 1, 2022: Regular members $150Emeriti $100 Contingent Faculty: $75 Graduate students: $50 Registration received after February 1, 2022: Regular members: $175Emeriti: $125 Contingent Faculty: $75 Graduate students: $50
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.This topic was also posted in: 2018 MLA Convention, 2019 MLA Convention, 2020 MLA Convention, 2021 MLA Convention, CLCS 20th- and 21st-Century, CLCS Mediterranean, GS Travel Writing, HEP Teaching as a Profession, Interdisciplinary Approaches to Culture and Society, LLC 17th-, 18th-, and 19th-Century Italian, LLC 20th- and 21st-Century Italian, LLC Medieval and Renaissance Italian, LSL Language and Society, LSL Second-Language Teaching and Learning, MLAgrads, MS Screen Arts and Culture, MS Sound, RCWS Writing Pedagogies, TC Race and Ethnicity Studies, TC Sexuality Studies, TM Language Theory, TM Literary Criticism, TM The Teaching of Literature, Working Group: Italian Americans on the Page, LLC Italian American.
- Only members can participate in this group's discussions.