This group is designed to introduce everyone to MLA Commons! Everyone’s invited to join. Visit the blog for tutorials, and use the forum to get ideas and to and ask questions about what you don’t understand. We’ll try to make this system as easy as possible for you.

Avatar: question mark by Mark Morgan

Duplicate topic detected message

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Katina Rogers 5 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Michelle A. Massé
    Participant
    @mmasse

I just figured out the HTML and Word paste issue, but as I try to send an announcement to the forum section of groups to which I belong, I am getting the following message:  “Duplicate topic detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!” There is no original message posted, so there can be no duplicate.  I’ve tried re-titling the topic, but with no luck.

The groups to which I’m posting about MLA events have a posting from two months ago titled “Women’s Caucus.”  Is that enough to derail a new posting?

With thanks for your help,

Katina Rogers
    Participant
    @katinalynn

Hi Michelle,

The system won’t allow you to post an identical message in multiple groups. The easiest way to work around this is to add a unique sentence to the beginning of the post for each group—for instance, “The following announcement may be of interest to members of the [XYZ] group.” One unique word in the post should be enough to prevent the “duplicate post” error.

Please let me know if that doesn’t resolve the issue, and I’d be happy to help further.

Best,
    Katina

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.