This group is designed to introduce everyone to MLA Commons! Everyone’s invited to join. Visit the blog for tutorials, and use the forum to get ideas and to and ask questions about what you don’t understand. We’ll try to make this system as easy as possible for you.

Avatar: question mark by Mark Morgan

Deleting Forum postings

4 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Katina Rogers 5 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Michelle A. Massé
    Participant
    @mmasse

I used the MSWord converter to post (twice) to the postcolonial group, once each to Women’s Studies and Gay Studies on behalf of the Women’s Caucus.  At that time I realized that, although what I got was “timed out,” an HTML coded garbled message had been posted.  How can I delete these?  And is there a character/word count limit to materials for the MSWord converter?

Katina Rogers
    Participant
    @katinalynn

Hi Michelle,

Only group administrators can delete forum posts. More information on why that’s the case is available on our FAQ page, along with more details about why those unwanted characters appear in your post and how to prevent it from happening in the future.

I’d be happy to delete the unwanted posts for you. You can then re-post the same content. When you paste the message into the forum, try clicking the Text tab, rather than the Visual tab. This should keep the unwanted formatting code from appearing.

You shouldn’t run into a word limit problem in the forum for posts like this, but if you do, please let us know at commons@mla.org. Please also contact us at that e-mail address if you’d like to discuss any of your questions in more detail.

Best,
    Katina

Michelle A. Massé
    Participant
    @mmasse

Dear Katina,

I would very much appreciate your deleting those posts.  There is one under Women’s Studies and under Gay Studies, both titled “Join the Women’s Caucus at MLA!”

Weirdly enough, the two in Postcolonial Studies are gone.

With thanks,

Michelle

Katina Rogers
    Participant
    @katinalynn

Dear Michelle,

All set—the unwanted posts have been removed. (I had already removed the two in Postcolonial Studies based on your first message—sorry for the confusion!)

Best,
    Katina

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.