Seeking Your Feedback Regarding the MLA Commons

6 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Joseph R. Millichap 1 year, 9 months ago
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kirstin Squint
    Participant
    @ksquint

Hello Everyone!

I currently chair the executive committee of the LLC Southern US Forum and am seeking feedback from our membership. Our forum hasn’t been particularly active in the MLA Commons, and I am currently completing a report for the MLA, one of the goals of which is to find out what would make the Commons more useful for our purposes. This information will be helpful to us in the long run; however, if you have any immediate thoughts about this, the executive committee would love to hear them. Thanks so much!

Kirstin Squint

Joseph R. Millichap
    Participant
    @millichap

Kirstin Squint,

I sent you a reply on here the day you posted, but it doesn’t seem to be on here. This was the main issue I raised with MLA Commons; it is difficult to use, so nobody uses it. I use it as a webpage only because I don’t have one as a retiree. Best wishes on this request, but I bet mine will be your only response.

Joe Millichap

Anne Malena
    Participant
    @thetranslator

Hi Kirstin,

Actually, it’s not that hard to use but I don’t think of it unless I’m
    prompted as I have been by Joseph’s response to you. Is there a way that I
    would receive notice of the topic? Perhaps I did and ignored it but I
    originally joined the group to keep appraised of what is being researched
    and discussed. Best, Anne

Kirstin Squint
    Participant
    @ksquint

Thank you, Joe and Anne, for your responses. You have both pointed out issues that I have with the platform. I find it difficult to use mainly because I forget about it, and I think receiving notice of the topic would help. I received an email regarding both of your replies (apologies for my slowness to reply to you–2020 continues to present many challenges). I suspect that linking the Commons to other platforms more often used by members might help (social media?), but I don’t know that that’s a solution that would be agreeable to all users.

Joseph R. Millichap
    Participant
    @millichap

Kirstin and Anne,

Thanks for you thoughtful responses on the topic of the MLA Commons. Let me reiterate that I do have trouble posting on my personal page and receiving technical support from the site. I do get notices on new topics, and I occasionally respond to them.

I do think that if the various southern studies sites hooked on and talked up the Commons, it might help a good deal with membership, which is woefully meager. In any case, I am glad to have the Commons, and I hope it improves. Best for now,

Joe

Joseph R. Millichap
    Participant
    @millichap

Kirstin and Anne,

Thanks for you thoughtful responses on the topic of the MLA Commons. Let me reiterate that I do have trouble posting on my personal page and receiving technical support from the site. I do get notices on new topics, and I occasionally respond to them.

I do think that if the various southern studies sites hooked on and talked up the Commons, it might help a good deal with membership, which is woefully meager. In any case, I am glad to have the Commons, and I hope it improves. Best for now,

Joe

P.S. I am now having to resend this message, after a “Server Error”!

Joseph R. Millichap
    Participant
    @millichap

Kirstin and Anne,

Joe

P.S. I am now having to resend this message twice, after two “Server Errors”!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Only members can participate in this group's discussions.