CFP -roundtable for Ne MLA 46th annual convention

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Selma R. S. Vital
    Participant
    @svital

I am proposing a round table discussing new ways/approaches  and successfull strategies integrating the literary text into the language class. The subject is not new, however a lot has been changing in this particular “field”. If interested, please, contact me as soon as you can, since the deadline for submissions is approaching. The convention will be in Toronto, Ontario, between April 30 and May 3rd 2015. I teach Portuguese but I would like to have a diverse discussion table with short presentations and plenty of time for discussion and exchange of ideas.

Marion Gehlker
    Participant
    @mg379

Hi Selma,

I’d be interested. What topics did you have in mind? I teach German and include literature at all levels of language instruction.

Thanks,

Marion

Dennis Looney
    Participant
    @looney

Dear Colleagues,

I receive these posts as a member of this discussion group in my capacity as a faculty member of Italian at the University of Pittsburgh.  Since January 2014, I have assumed the directorship of ADFL and in that new capacity I write to announce a workshop connected with the topic Selma and Marion are discussing.  At the ADFL summer seminar at Ohio State University, we will sponsor a preseminar workshop on “Teaching Language through Literature and Literature through Language,” run by Elizabeth Bernhardt, Stanford University.  The  workshop will start on the evening of June 4 and conclude at 12:30 on June 5.  The cost of the workshop, which includes dinner on June 4 and breakfast and lunch on June 5, is $100 (for those who are also attending the ADFL seminar) or $150 for the workshop alone.  More information is available at http://www.adfl.org/seminars/index.htm .  Don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions at dlooney@mla.org .  Thanks, Dennis

Selma R. S. Vital
    Participant
    @svital

Hi Dennis,

I would love to participate of this workshop, but unfortunately I cannot go to Ohio at this time. Please, keep us informed about any other similar event in the east coast. Due to our big load of work in the last week of classes, Marion and I were not able to put together a panel for Toronto. I still believe we can do something to make up for it, maybe here at Yale. Let’s keep in contact.

Best regards,

Selma

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.