We welcome your participation in the Rust Belt Literature group.

This group will host discussions of all types of literary responses to living in the Rust Belt, defined here as industrial communities in the United States. Those ho have been affected by the rust belt go beyond simply those who have grown up these. In a class-based society, people who have never lived anywhere near the rust belt may hold media-inspired attitudes about the Rust Belt and those who live there. We offer fresh exposure those not from the Rust belt, fresh air and news to those from the Rust Belt.

We may overlap at times with eco-literature, ethnic and race studies, labor fiction, and regional literature.

Welcome home!

Rust Belt Lit–New Members

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by  Gloria Lee McMillan 3 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Brianne Jaquette
    Participant
    @brjaquette

I’m excited about the possibilities for this group. Let me know what I can do to help build it.

Gloria Lee McMillan
    Participant
    @gloriamla

Welcome to this group, Brianna.  Please tell anyone your know who might also be interested.

If you would like to be on our group email list, just send your email address to: gmcmilla@email.arizona.edu

CHILDREN OF STEEL

is a short story collection I am putting together of stories from people who have lived in steel mill towns.  It is not necessary that one have worked in a steel mill but just lived in that society.   They wanted a due date (no publisher as yet) so I gave Oct. 30th.  Don’t let that put you off, however.  It will be months and months of time getting ourselves published so if you want to write a short story for Children of Steel, go for it.

Thanks for joining,

Gloria

PS: If you attend MLA conferences as I no longer do, you can certainly propose the first ever panel discussion on Rust Belt literature.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.