48. Russia and the Middle East from the Seventeenth to the Nineteenth Century
Thursday, 7 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., 202, JW Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Suha Kudsieh, Coll. of Staten Island, City Univ. of New York
1. “The Middle East in Arseny Sukhanov’s Proskinitarium,” Galina Ivanovna Yermolenko, DeSales Univ.
2. “Arab Writers on Russia in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries,” Nabil I. Matar, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
3. “O. I. Senkovskii as Orientalist,” Melissa Frazier, Sarah Lawrence Coll.
4. “Between Literature and Politics: The Ottoman Empire as Narrated by Russian Authors during the Crimean War and the Russo-Turkish War of 1877–78,” Olga Razuvajeva, Tallinn Univ.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Only members can participate in this group's discussions.