CLCS RENAISSANCE AND EARLY MODERN FORUM EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ELECTION

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Domna C. Stanton
    @dstanton

CLCS Renaissance and Early Modern Forum I am very pleased to be nominated for election to our Forum Executive Committee. This continues to be an exciting, innovative time for early modern studies, not only because of the global turn in our field but also because we are making major contributions to emerging areas in the Humanities: environmental humanities with their implications for ocean and water studies; animal/human connections in our anthropocene; the affective turn, which has generated inspiring work on the passions and emotions in literature and medicine, political theory and philosophy among other disciplines; and of course the Digital Humanities. My recent teaching and research include early-modern orientalism, slavery in French Caribbean within the larger Atlantic Triangle, and the nation’s others (e.g. women, Jews and sodomites). I am also preparing an essay on Geographies for the forthcoming Palgrave Encyclopedia on Early-Modern Women’s  Writing. In the coming years, I hope to work with colleagues to attract more graduate students to our multi-dimensional field and to have them regard this Forum as a site for their work.Domna C. Stanton, Graduate Center, City University of New York

This topic was also posted in: CLCS Mediterranean, LLC 17th-Century French.

John Garrison
    Participant
    @jsg718

Thank you, Donna. I am the other nominee and will take this opportunity to introduce myself, too.

I am an Associate Professor of English at Grinnell College, where I teach courses on early modern literature and culture as well as courses on gender and sexuality. I was honored to be nominated for the forum, and I’d love to bring the perspective of someone at a small institution that is very focused on teaching while also valuing research.

I am the co-editor of two essay collections, Sexuality and Memory in Early Modern England: Literature and the Erotics of Recollection (co-edited with Kyle Pivetti, Routledge, 2015) and Making Milton: Writing, Publication, Reception (co-edited with Emma Depledge and Marissa Nicosia, under contract with Oxford University Press). I recently co-edited (also with Marissa Nicosia) a special issue of Renaissance Futures on the the theme of “Renaissance Futures.” My books include Shakespeare at Peace (with Kyle Pivetti, Routledge, 2018) and Shakespeare and the Afterlife (Oxford University Press, 2019). I am currently completing a monograph entitled “The Pleasures of Memory in Shakespeare’s Sonnets” (under contract with Oxford University Press). I have published in a range of journals, as well as in The Atlantic and Literary Hub.

John Garrison
    Participant
    @jsg718

Thank you, Donna. I am the other nominee and will take this opportunity to introduce myself, too.I am an Associate Professor of English at Grinnell College, where I teach courses on early modern literature and culture as well as courses on gender and sexuality. I was honored to be nominated for the forum, and I’d love to bring the perspective of someone at a small institution that is very focused on teaching while also valuing research.I am the co-editor of two essay collections, Sexuality and Memory in Early Modern England: Literature and the Erotics of Recollection (co-edited with Kyle Pivetti, Routledge, 2015) and Making Milton: Writing, Publication, Reception (co-edited with Emma Depledge and Marissa Nicosia, under contract with Oxford University Press). I recently co-edited (also with Marissa Nicosia) a special issue of Renaissance Futures on the the theme of “Renaissance Futures.” My books include Shakespeare at Peace (with Kyle Pivetti, Routledge, 2018) and Shakespeare and the Afterlife (Oxford University Press, 2019). I am currently completing a monograph entitled “The Pleasures of Memory in Shakespeare’s Sonnets” (under contract with Oxford University Press). I have published in a range of journals, as well as in The Atlantic and Literary Hub.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Only members can participate in this group's discussions.