A group for MLA Commons members to ask questions about how the platform works and to get support with any problems on the site. Helpfulness is the currency of this particular realm! (Help image courtesy of the Flickr user Liminal Mike.)

"Publications" section of MLA Commons Profile?

5 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Susan Hollis Merritt 2 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Susan Hollis Merritt
    Participant
    @shmerritt

What has happened to the “Publications” section of the MLA Commons Profile? I had provided content in that section but this week find that it has all disappeared and that in the “edit” mode, there is currently no editing menu at all and there is also no way to add content to the “Publications” section box.  It does not appear as a section in the Profile anymore even if one has checked “show.”  Please investigate this apparent problem and solutions for it.

It took many hours to convert word-processed entries into the content that I provided and then more time to update the format to current MLA Style format after the release of the new MLA Handbook edition.  I would really appreciate the restoration of the editing features and the previous content provided (if possible).  At least, if the section were restored, I would be able to provide content for it again if all the previous content provided has been lost.

Thanks for your help.

Susan Hollis Merritt
    Participant
    @shmerritt

When I access my “Extended Profile” via WordPress, after going to the “Help & Support” section of MLA Commons, I find the content there (via “https://support.mla.hcommons.org/getting-started/profile/”).  But even though I had and still select the option to show the sections to “everyone,” the “Publications” section and its content do not appear via “view” or “edit” when I access MLA Commons and my account.  Again, please supply corrections and help with this apparent discrepancy.  Thank you.

Nicky Agate
    Participant
    @terrainsvagues

Hi, Susan,

We’re so sorry about this! Your data has not been lost, but we did discover a field name mismatch which we think is causing the publications not to appear. Our developer is aware of the problem and has prioritized it. Again, we can only apologize.

Best,

Nicky for the MLA Commons team

Susan Hollis Merritt
    Participant
    @shmerritt

Hi Nicky,

Thank you again.  Before seeing your post here, I replied to your post about this matter in my other thread.

Susan Hollis Merritt
    Participant
    @shmerritt

Please see my replies in the HC Commons help thread.  There I thank you again, but later also point out that for some reason “Publications” (bold) now is showing up as “Other publications” (not bold?).  There is no “edit” feature in this forum as there is in the HC help thread.  So I can’t correct any errors that may appear in this reply.  I will, however, check the Profile later to see how this may also have been corrected.

Susan Hollis Merritt
    Participant
    @shmerritt

Nicky et al.: Here is the link to my later replies in the HC thread: it’s in “HC Bugs and Suggestions” (called “help” in above post):

https://hcommons.org/groups/hc-bugs-and-suggestions/forum/topic/publications-section-of-mla-commons-profile-and-humanities-commons-profile/#post-2459

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.