A group for MLA Commons members to ask questions about how the platform works and to get support with any problems on the site. Helpfulness is the currency of this particular realm! (Help image courtesy of the Flickr user Liminal Mike.)

Leaving Groups

Tagged: 

3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Profile photo of MLA Commons MLA Commons 4 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of George Williams
    George H. Williams
    Participant
    @georgeonline

How do I go about leaving a group of which I am a member?

Profile photo of MLA Commons
    MLA Commons
    Participant
    @mlaadmin

Public and hidden groups offer a “Leave Group” button on the group home page underneath the group name/description, e.g.:

http://mla.hcommons.org/groups/mla-commons-help/

Private groups are currently a bit special because they are the default group type for MLA Committees, Divisions, and Discussion Groups. To leave these groups, you should log into your MLA member account at mla.org and remove yourself from the corresponding Division or Discussion Group. (It is not possible to remove yourself from an MLA Committee, for obvious reasons.) The next time you log in to the Commons, you should be removed from the corresponding Commons group. Note that this has not been extensively tested, so it is certainly possible that this functionality needs some work.

Eventually our goal is to integrate MLA member accounts into the Commons such that you can join/leave Divisions and Discussion Groups directly from the Commons.

Profile photo of George Williams
    George H. Williams
    Participant
    @georgeonline

Thanks for the response, Chris. A few days ago, I followed your instructions — logging into my MLA member account at mla.org and etc. — and made several changes to division and discussion group memberships. Unfortunately, those changes are not yet reflected on my group memberships here at MLA Commons.

This is not an urgent issue for me. Just FYI.

Profile photo of MLA Commons
    MLA Commons
    Participant
    @mlaadmin

Thanks for the feedback, George. It’s on our development list.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.