A group for MLA Commons members to ask questions about how the platform works and to get support with any problems on the site. Helpfulness is the currency of this particular realm! (Help image courtesy of the Flickr user Liminal Mike.)

Backing up our content

4 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Nicky Agate 1 year, 11 months ago
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

George H. Williams
    Participant
    @georgeonline

Please provide us with an easy and easy-to-understand way to back up the content we create on MLA commons. (I’m thinking, in particular, of the content posted to WP blogs and to the Wiki(s).)

Kathleen Fitzpatrick
    Participant
    @kfitz

Hi, George. Thanks for these suggestions! Could you do me a favor and post this one using the Feedback tab, and then while you’re there, vote up the media embed ones? We’re trying to aggregate suggestions and requests there, and want to get a sense of community need (hence the voting). Thanks!

George H. Williams
    Participant
    @georgeonline

Alas, I cannot. I’ve run out of votes / suggestions. It seems users only have 5 until one of their suggestions is acted upon. That’s why I posted these in the Help Group Forum. But maybe I can do so by using a different email address. I’ll try.

Susan Hollis Merritt
    Participant
    @shmerritt

Please see my recent post on the disappearance of the “Publications” section from my Profile.  I would also like to have a way to back up such content in the future so that previous work providing content for the Profile is not lost.

Nicky Agate
    Participant
    @terrainsvagues

Hello!

Coming back to this thread (four years!) later just to note that we back up all WP content, including images, for all sites on the Humanities Commons network (including MLA Commons, etc.) daily. Should you wish to back up your own materials, you can download the XML from the /wp-admin of a site and either save it yourself or upload the blog posts, etc. to CORE for archiving and further dissemination.

Nicky

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.