Candidate for 2021 Forum Executive Committee Election

0 replies, 1 voice Last updated by  Andrea R. Malone 6 days, 9 hours ago
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Andrea R. Malone
    Participant
    @amalone

Hello to you all. The fall election is approaching and I would like to take this opportunity to share a bit about me, my interests, and goals as a candidate for the Forum Executive Committee for Libraries and Research.

In the more than 30 years of experience I have in libraries, I have worked in a variety of capacities and at nearly every level. From student worker at a private university, to paraprofessional at a public library, and then professional librarian at a public R1 university, I can speak to nearly every possible scenario that might occur in regards to research in libraries. Moreover, while working in libraries, I have taught French at both community colleges and universities. All of my professional experience as a librarian has been at the University of Houston where I have been able to often combine my interests in languages, language teaching, and francophone studies with my interests in research services, research visibility, and information literacy to support and collaborate with researchers at all levels, including undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and administrators. I have held a number of roles, which have allowed me to contribute to student success and sit at the table when research policies have been created. I currently serve in a new role as the Research Visibility and Impact Coordinator where I work with graduate students, faculty, researchers, and research groups to increase the visibility and citation of their research and communicate the impact of their work within their respective disciplines and in society.

I would bring all of this knowledge and experience to the forum executive committee to contribute to the scholarly and professional interests of MLA. My goal is to bring a librarian perspective that positively influences faculty research as well as that of students enrolled in the disciplines associated with MLA. With librarians and faculty continuing to work together, it is my hope that we will propel the language and literature research landscape into newer, interdisciplinary realms and increase even more its impact on society.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.