An online community for MLA members
Thursday, 7 January
120. Disability, Contingency, Neoliberalism
Program arranged by the Forum TC Disability Studies
Presiding: Susan Antebi, Univ. of Toronto
1. “The Biopolitics of Disability,” David Mitchell, George Washington Univ.; Sharon Snyder, George Washington Univ.
2. “Crip Figures: Disability, Austerity, and Aspiration,” Robert McRuer, George Washington Univ.
3. “The Stories We Tell: The ADA, Activism,,” Lennard J. Davis, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
4. “Different Rhythms: Land-Based Disability Performances in Precarious Times,” Petra Kuppers, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org after 7 Jan.
Editorial queries and comments: 3. Words missing from the end of your title?
The following audiovisual request(s) was/were made for your session: Projection equipment for a computer; Extra microphone; Speakers for sound from audio device (e.g., iPod)
The following assistance for presenters with disabilities was requested for your session: Ramps and space for wheelchair access at head table
keywords: Disability, neolibralism, biopolitics, ADA, crips
the first time.
This is your only opportunity to choose a user name and you
cannot change it later. Your user name will be visible to
User names must be between four and twenty characters in length and
must contain at least one letter. Only lowercase letters, numbers, and
underscores are allowed.
I accept the Terms of Service,
and Guidelines for Participation.
Use your MLA credentials to log in.
Forgotten your log-in credentials?