A group for MLA members interested in exploring the full spectrum of Connected Academics careers. A space for discussion and debate.

Introductions

17 replies, 13 voices Last updated by Amanda L. French 7 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Nicky Agate
    Participant
    @terrainsvagues

Hi @jrkelly! Thanks for your willingness to consult with students interested in librarianship. I’m sure quite a few will be taking you up on that!

Gillian Dooley
    Participant
    @gillian_dooley

I am also an academic librarian. In fact I did things the other way around – I was a librarian already when I did my doctorate and have remained in the same job, but my career has taken off in all sorts of directions since I graduated in 2001. I have adjunct academic status at my university (Flinders University in South Australia), I’m the founding editor of two academic journals, I present regularly at conferences in Australia and abroad, and have published several books and many articles.

Although I have applied for one or two academic jobs, on the whole I’m happy to have stayed where I am. I think I have the best of both worlds in many ways.

Amanda L. French
    Participant
    @amandafrench

Hi, I’m Amanda French — I helped the MLA write the Mellon grant that funded the proseminar. Hope you don’t mind if I eavesdrop! I got a PhD in English in 2004 from UVA and since then have been working in libraries and digital humanities. I was THATCamp Coordinator from 2010-2014, and I’m currently Director of Digital Research Services at Virginia Tech Libraries. See http://amandafrench.net for more about me.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Only members can participate in this group's discussions.