A group for the MLA Commons beta testers. Introduce yourself, ask us questions, make suggestions, and leave us feedback!

New Topic Button

Tagged: ,

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by  Kathleen Fitzpatrick 7 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Vimala C. Pasupathi
    Participant
    @vcpasupathi

I have to admit that it took me longer than it should have to find the “New Topic” button. The relationship between the Forum and the Group home page wasn’t quite clear to me–maybe still isn’t–because the home page features posts that are on the Forum, I think. I was posting there without really knowing what I was posting in, and when I read posts that reminded to me to make searching easier by posting via that New Topic button, I couldn’t see such a button anywhere. Once I saw the Forum link on the left, I realized I wasn’t in fact on the Forum, even though I could post in it; only when I clicked on Forum could I see the button to start a new Topic.

I think this might mean that there will be some monstery threads once there are more folks on here, until people figure out the difference between the group home and forum page? Of course I’m kind of dashing in and out here when I have a spare moment, so it may just be my inability to pay careful attention to detail!

Kathleen Fitzpatrick
    Participant
    @kfitz

I think you may be right, Vimala; there’s going to be some difficulties until we can either make more clear where the forums actually are or just get everybody used to this system. I’ll keep pondering possible solutions…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.