Introductions

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  Molly A. Martin 3 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Molly A. Martin
    Participant
    @molly_martin

Hello Arthurian Forum Members!

We are hoping to make our MLA Commons site as vibrant and interactive as our face-to-face conversations at MLA and other venues, so we’ll be starting some new threads over the next couple of days. We invite your participation in these conversations, and we would (of course!) love to see some new ones pop up.

I am going to start by opening this thread for introducing ourselves to one another. I’ll get the ball rolling.

I am Molly Martin, the newest member of the CLCS Arthurian Forum board. I am an Associate Professor of English at the University of Indianapolis, where I teach medieval literature (including lots of Arthurian lit), linguistics courses, and more. This is my first year here, after eight years at McNeese State in Southwestern Louisiana. I am also the Associate Editor of Arthuriana. My current research explores castles and space in Malory. I also love tennis (maybe less relevant here).

Molly

Elizabeth Anderson
    @eanderson90

Hi Everyone,

I’m Elizabeth Anderson, assistant professor at College of DuPage (community college). I’m researching virtual worlds, digital quests, and digital ethnography. I’m very interested in creating Arthurian experiences in virtual environments.

I’m happy to be here and look forward to getting to know each of you.

Elizabeth

Molly A. Martin
    Participant
    @molly_martin

Welcome, Elizabeth! I am intrigued by these virtual Arthurian environments. Is this something that you would/could use in the classroom?

Molly

Alex Mueller
    Participant
    @alexmueller

Hi, everyone!  And thanks, Molly, for getting this forum conversation going.

I’m Alex Mueller, former committee member for this group and Review Editor for Arthuriana. I am Associate Professor of English at University of Massachusetts Boston, specializing in medieval literature and digital pedagogy. In addition to all things Arthurian, my interests include alliterative poetry, Trojan historiography, letter writing, and the relationships between medieval and digital forms of teaching and learning.

Oh, and I love tennis too!

Molly A. Martin
    Participant
    @molly_martin

Welcome to the Commons, Alex!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.