We represent the executive committee of the LSL Applied Linguistics forum. Everyone is invited to join this MLA Commons group to share scholarly and professional concerns related to Applied Linguistics. Subjects can include but are not limited to: collaborative research projects, new pedagogical approaches, technology in teaching, study abroad topics, translation studies, theoretical linguistics and the scholarship of teaching language. Here’s to enriching our intellectual dialog!

Kenric – LSL App Ling Exec Committee

1 voice, 0 replies
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Kenric K. Tsethlikai
    Participant
    @kenric

Dear LSL Applied Linguistics Colleague,

This year, I am on the ballot for the executive committee of the Language Studies and Linguistics (LSL) Applied Linguistics forum of the MLA – that’s all of you in this MLA Commons forum.

With hope for your support, I’m sending this brief message about me and my motivation for the Forum. My name is Kenric TSETHLIKAI and I am managing director of the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania. At Lauder, I have a dual role working with faculty on the international studies curriculum and managing the initiatives and staff of the Institute. My experience with SLA and language learning & teaching developed under guidance and leadership of Prof. E. Bernhardt at the Stanford Language Center.

Over the past 8 years, I’ve added to my experiences of teaching French, coordinating and managing language and culture programs further training in international studies and management. I hope to leverage these experiences to promote the activities and initiatives of the LSL-Applied Linguistics forum.

Thanks to my role, I travel extensively around the world and thus learn from a rich diversity of learning and teaching contexts, though I’m always drawn back to French and Francophone cultures. I’ve developed programs in Africa, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, North Africa and the Middle East.

I hope to have your vote for this position (it’s the season to vote!) and I welcome any questions you may have: kenric@wharton.upenn.edu.

Kindly,

Kenric Tsethlikai

kenric@wharton.upenn.edu

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Kenric – LSL App Ling Exec Committee’ is closed to new replies.