The Adaptation Studies forum is dedicated to discussion of adaptation of imaginative works in its many forms, along with theories of adaptation and appropriation.

New creative feminist work: A Misogynist Triptych from 1945

1 voice, 0 replies
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Fatma Fulya Tepe
    Participant
    @fulya

Dear Colleagues,

I , Assoc. Prof. Dr. Fatma Fulya Tepe, from Istanbul Aydin University, Faculty of Education and Emeritus Prof. Dr. Per Bauhn from Sweden’s Linnaeus University prepared “A Misogynist Triptych from 1945” based on cartoon material coming from the Turkish Boşboğaz (Bigmouth) Humor Gazette from 1945. This project was supported by the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK).  (Project title: “Representation of Women in Humor Magazines at the Beginning of the Multi-Party Period: The Case of Boşboğaz (Bigmouth) (1945) and Bıldırcın (Quail) (1947), project number: 122K888). We would like to bring this creative feminist work to your attention below. If you are interested in please write to us at fulyatepe@aydin.edu.tr

Moreover, I (Fulya) developed a practice called “Rewriting Cartoon Captions” based on the preliminary findings of this research. As you might have guessed, I borrowed “rewriting concept” from literary studies and applied it to my work on cartoons. My university shared an example of this practice in their twitter account. I would like to share it with you because it is both feminist and fun. I will be happy if you could share all this in your mailing list. Here is my work:

https://twitter.com/IAUKampus/<wbr />status/1701513800095072738

I also would like to let you know that we published this feminist rewriting practice in a Picture/Talk in the Q1 journal Visual Studies. Please see the link to our Picture/Talk below:

https://www.tandfonline.com/<wbr />doi/full/10.1080/1472586X.<wbr />2023.2282875?scroll=top&<wbr />needAccess=true

Please let us know if you would like to cooperate with us. If you are interested in please get in touch with us at fulyatepe@aydin.edu.tr <wbr />and per.bauhn@lnu.se
    Best regards, Fulya Tepe

İstanbul Aydın University

Turkey

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Only members can participate in this group's discussions.