Will you be attending #MLA20 in Seattle? Log in (or create an account) and join this group to start discussions, share convention-related links and resources, and connect with other participants. For full convention details, see the MLA 2020 page on mla.org.

MLA 2020 LLC Sephardic Forum Panel — Friday, January 10, 8:30 am, at WSCC 614

0 replies, 1 voice Last updated by  Nohemy Solorzano-Thompson 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Nohemy Solorzano-Thompson
    Participant
    @nohemysolorzanothompson

Dear colleagues

I am writing to invite you to the LLC Sephardic Forum Panel for the 2020 MLA on Friday, January 10, 8:30 am, WSCC 614.

This year’s panel focuses on Sephardic Cultural Expressions in the Portuguese- and Spanish-Speaking Americas and Beyond.

Full details below and please note the title update for Dr. Bolorinos Allard’s paper.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Hope to see you there.

Panel 217

Sephardic Cultural Expressions in the Portuguese- and Spanish-Speaking Americas and Beyond

Sponsored by the LLC Sephardic Forum

Friday, 10 January 2020

8:30 AM – 9:45 AM

WSCC – 614

For related material, visit mla.hcommons.org/?s=sephardic

Presentations

\”Judío español de patria colombiana\”: Abraham Z. López-Penha and the racial parameters of cultural nationalism, Hispanism, and Sephardic Identity in early twentieth-century Latin America

Elisabeth Bolorinos Allard, U of Oxford, Magdalen C

Ladino Poetry by Two Latin American Women: Denise León and Myriam Moscona

Monique Rodrigues Balbuena, U of Oregon

My Big Fat Sephardic Cat Life: Joann Sfar’s Le chat du rabbin (2011) and Its Portrayal of French-Occupied Algiers

Nohemy Solórzano-Thompson, Westminster C

Presider

Nohemy Solórzano-Thompson, Westminster C

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Only members can participate in this group's discussions.