Roundtable Questions – Transnational Currents in Canadian Literature
The following is a list of possible discussion questions for “Transnational Currents in Canadian Literature,” a confirmed roundtable for MLA 2020 (Seattle, Jan. 9-12):
- How do Canadian authors’ transnational exchanges inform your research?
- How do these authors and exchanges shape your understanding of Canadian Literature, broadly conceived, or of CanLit and the specific national contexts that led to its formation and consolidation in the 1960s and 1970s?
- Historically, how have non-Canadians, or Canadians abroad, read or responded to Canadian literature? How is Canadian literature received in our own moment?
- How do Canadian literary traditions, texts, and writers enrich, disrupt, or ignore dominant Anglo-American canons? How do they engage non-Anglophone literatures or globally reconstituted literary-critical fields?
- What impact do national literatures have on citizenship and belonging in our ostensibly transnational age?