This is a collaborative list of things that new MLA Commons users might consider doing as they get started in the network. Please add to the list (by clicking the edit button)
- Edit your profile. This will help other users find you. We’ll be adding more kinds of information that you can add to your profile in the coming weeks.
- Add an avatar. This can be a picture of yourself or an icon that you want to be associated with.
- Join a group. You’re already a member of some official MLA groups (corresponding to your division and discussion group memberships), but you might search for other groups you want to join.
- Start a group. If you have a special project or problem on which you want to collaborate with other MLA members, start a group and invite others to join it! You’ll have access to forums, document sharing, and other options specific to your group. This is covered in more detail here.
- Open a discussion. Start a new topic in a group forum in order to ask a question, share an idea, or look for other members with whom you can collaborate.
- Start a blog. This could be a blog that’s yours and yours alone, on which you share your work-in-progress, reading reflections, or other thoughts, or it could be a group blog on which you and your collaborators make public the work that you’re doing in your group. This is covered in more detail here.