‘The Individual and the Cultural Environment’ Conceptual Unit Featuring The Awakening
- Jenna Kober (see profile)
- TC History and Literature, TM The Teaching of Literature
- Item Type:
- Course material or learning objects
- Permanent URL:
- The Individual and the Cultural Environment Conceptual Unit Overarching Enduring Understanding: The relationship between the individual and society Overarching Essential Question: How does society influence the individual? Unit Objectives: -My students will be able to demonstrate understanding of the motifs and symbols in the unit’s core text -My students will be able to interpret themes of: Identity, Love, Society/Class and Repression/Alienation throughout the unit. -My students will be able to compare and contrast the themes, motifs and symbols of The Awakening with a variety of supplementary literary texts. -My students will be able to formulate a critical opinion and defend it completely through debate activities. -My students will be able to demonstrate comprehension of daily reading through short essay response quizzes. -My students will be able to write a critical lens essay formulating a stance about the relationship between the individual and the cultural environment.
- Unit Enduring Understandings: -The individual has a responsibility towards society - An individual creates his or her own system of beliefs - Individual values that differ from the societal norm will cause conflict when acted upon. Unit Essential Questions: -What is the responsibility of the individual to society? - What controls the way a person thinks, acts or lives? -Where do individual values and beliefs come from? -What happens when an individual disagrees with society?
- Last Updated:
- 4 years ago
- All Rights Reserved
- Share this:
Item Name: ed-504-conceptual-unit-final-draft.docx Download Activity: Downloads: 24