The English Profession-Tendentious Reflections of a Retired Independent Scholar.
- Michael L. Hays (see profile)
- Public Humanities, Shakespeare
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
- Item Type:
- humanities, Shakespeare, Humanities PhD, Literary criticism
- Permanent URL:
- Provides a personal perspective on, and analysis of, developments in the English profession. Emphasizes the proliferation of PhDs, the industrialization of scholarship and its effects on research and promotion, and the diminished influence and status of English studies. Makes suggestions for addressing present difficulties and reviving the study of English.
- Last Updated:
- 5 years ago
- All Rights Reserved
- Share this:
Item Name: 2017-04-11-the-english-profession-tendentious-reflections-of-a-retired-independent-scholar.doc Download Activity: Downloads: 104