Welcome to MLA Commons, the scholarly network for MLA members. Discover the latest open-access scholarship and teaching materials, join language and literature discussion groups, build a WordPress Web site for a class or conference—or to showcase your own work—and grow your readership by uploading materials to CORE, our open-access repository.
Going to the MLA Convention?
Update your profile! In addition to sharing your current projects, you can update the "Upcoming Talks and Conferences" section to let people know that you will be in Seattle.
Looking for ways to connect with people in your field?
Post in groups related to your interests. You're automatically joined to your MLA forums' groups on the Commons, plus you can join as many more groups as you like.
- CFP: Literary Diagnosis and Anti-Medical Humanities on 19 March 2020
- IASSL 2020 – extended deadline on 24 June 2020
- Folklore Society: Folklore, Learning and Literacies
- Summer Session at the School of Criticism and Theory
- International FIILM Congress
- “Cultural Carolina” Graduate Student Conference: Otherwise Human
- Literature as Vocation: Western Regional Conference on Christianity and Literature
- Land/scaping Taiwan: (Non-)Humans, Environment, and Moments of Encounter
- Film-Philosophy Conference
- Linguistics Journalism Award
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation Book Prize
- Humanities Education and Research Association: The Humanities—Why They Matter, Why We Should Care
2018 Most Downloaded
MLA members' most downloaded works from CORE last year
1. Geraldine Heng
The Invention of Race in the European Middle Ages I: Race Studies, Modernity, and the Middle Ages
Downloaded 1306 times in 2018
2. Nicky Agate, Rebecca Kennison, Stacy Konkiel, Christopher P. Long, Jason Rhody, Simone Sacchi
Humanities Values Infographic
Downloaded 1157 times in 2018
3. Marisa Verna
Étude sur le symbolisme
Translated book collection
Downloaded 948 times in 2018
4. Brigitte Fielder
Animal Humanism: Race, Species, and Affective Kinship in Nineteenth-Century Abolitionism
Downloaded 652 times in 2018
5. Subramanian Shankar
Thugs and Bandits: Life and Law in Colonial and Epicolonial India
Downloaded 532 times in 2018