Welcome to MLA Commons, the scholarly network for MLA members. Discover the latest open-access scholarship and teaching materials, join language and literature discussion groups, build a WordPress Web site for a class or conference—or to showcase your own work—and grow your readership by uploading materials to CORE, our open-access repository. MLA Commons is part of the interdisciplinary Humanities Commons network.
Featured Site: Digital Pedagogy in the Humanities
The peer-reviewed, open access Digital Pedagogy in the Humanities, edited by Rebecca Frost Davis, Matthew K. Gold, Katherine D. Harris, and Jentery Sayers and published by the MLA, is a collection of reusable and remixable resources for teaching and research. Organized by keyword, the annotated artifacts can be saved in collections for future reference or sharing. It won a 2020 DH Award in the special category "Best DH Response to COVID-19."
Featured Group: Teaching Remotely
The Teaching Remotely group provides a space for MLA members to build collective resources, share experiences with one another, and ask questions. Open to all MLA members, sign in to MLA Commons (or register, if you don't already have a Commons account) to join the group. Here are some ways to contribute to its sense of community:
- Reply to or create discussion topics.
- Upload syllabi, teaching materials, or other related scholarship to the CORE repository and share them with the group.
- Subscribe to get e-mail notifications when there is group activity.
- Let other MLA members know about the group.
Bringing Your Course Online
The MLA's Bringing Your Course Online Commons site includes strategies for teaching remotely, information addressing questions of equity and accessibility, and a collection of resource guides.
New Theme for Course Sites
Create a site on the Commons and check off Is this a course site? and you'll get a site with the Learning Space theme activated with spaces for your syllabus, lessons, assignments, course documents, and events. Visit the Learning Space Demo site and learn more!
Collaborate, connect, and share work
Post in groups related to your interests. You're automatically joined to your MLA forums' groups on the Commons, plus you can join other groups or create new ones.
- Journal of Literary Multilingualism
- Studies in American Fiction: “The EcoGothic”
- Spaces of Shelter: Asylum, Refuge, Sanctuary, Quarantine
- Midwest Popular Culture Association / Midwest American Culture Association Annual Conference
- Cultures of Energy iX: New Directions in Energy Humanities
- The Joseph Tusiani Italian Translation Prize
- Literature: What Is the Role of Literature Now?
- Classical Association
- Museums Association of the Caribbean Conference: Cultivating Resilience in Museums and Cultural Heritage Sites
- Walt Whitman Initiative Fellowship Program